1) What To Wear
You’ll need to expose the body part that is effected (knee, shoulder, back, etc.) For children, loose fitting apparel such as sweats and t-shirt are ideal. For newborns/ infants, a simple onesie without a collar is great.
2) What To Expect
Be prepared to have your child undergo a complete physical exam on your first visit. It may take between 30-45 minutes for the entire visit. Our therapy doctors are skilled at making the examination as comfortable as possible and will request your help keeping your child happy and entertained as needed.
3) Treatments & Terminology
* Asterisked procedures require a high skill level.
• Joint Mobilization* – The application of movement and gentle force to a joint for the purpose of increasing motion and range. Can be used to reduce pain. Sometimes discomfort may accompany the procedure.
• Soft-Tissue Massage – The application of movement and force to muscles, ligaments, nerves or other soft-tissue for the purpose of promoting healing and normalization. Can be used to reduce pain, improve range of motion and improve flexibility of tight muscles. Sometimes discomfort may accompany the procedure.
• Pressure-Point Release – In this procedure the therapist or clinical assistant searches for muscles that are actively in spasm or causing pain. They then push on the muscle for 1-2 minutes. Initially it will cause soreness but should diminish steadily. This helps to normalize the muscles in that area.
• Therapeutic Exercises – Strengthening and balancing the muscles around your joints are essential for good movement, stability and pain relief. Our physical therapy doctors our experts in helping infants and children with pain, muscle tightness, postural body imbalances, obesity, low or high muscle tone and poor movement strategies get balanced, symmetrical and strong, safely.
Our front desk is open to discussing prices and costs with you. The last thing you want is an unexpected bill later. If you intend to use your insurance, call the number on your card and verify your deductible and coinsurance before your first visit. Absent financial hardship, you will be required to pay these amounts.
5) No surprises
Discover our approach and expectations and find out our secret to success by watching this 10 min video now:
6) Late Cancel & No Show Policy
Due to a limited number of available appointment slots, we often have a wait list. To ensure we have time to contact and schedule those on our wait list when appointment slots open up, we charge a $50 late cancel (less then 24 hours in advance) and no show fee.